1. Where the Red Fern Grows - So incredibly sad. Love this book so much. Need to go back and re-read it son.
2. The Outsiders - Felt so cool reading this book in school, because it was so different from anything else I’d read for school up to that point. Great story.
3. The Crucible - Made me very angry. Fucking Abigail Williams was such a bitch.
4. Lord of the Flies - Uncomfortable and scary and a great read. Loved discussing this in class and writing a paper on it.
5. Something Wicked This Way Comes - No one else I’ve asked read this for school, but it was a really fun read and also very different from the books we normally read for school. Definitely would’ve read this on my own, so it was cool that it was required and we got to discuss it in class.
This is a strange way to start a list, in my opinion, but ok!
1. “My mom won’t let me.” - Totally believable and can’t really be argued.
2. “I have to go to a [family thing].” - Same as first.
3. “I would, but this bed/couch/sofa/chair/floor is so comfy.” - Everyone has been there.
4. “Ugh, I really can’t afford it right now.” - Probably more of the truth than an excuse, but people pretty much don’t argue this, because money is a touchy issue.
5. “I have a fever/cold/sore throat/headache/etc.” - Sometimes doesn’t work if your friend is a wonderful person (i.e. Pamela), because they will then bring you chicken noodle soup and candy to make you feel better :3